Wednesday 14 December 2011

General Update

Chihuahua update: he now has fleas.  We had to dose him with frontline and then bleach and spray anti-flea spray everywhere.  Apparently it's something to do with him feeling unwell.  I don't give a flying f*** what it's about, I don't want to be bitten to pieces any more.  Although, it's worse for my mother because she has some kind of allergic reaction to flea bites - she gets a massive swelling about 5-10 centimetres wide.  Ouch.

Portuguese: my spoken portuguese is bollocks due to me speaking english most of the time.  I have a lot of shit to do: find work, sort out visas, other legal crap with our (english speaking) lawyer, make plans...we're really busy and taking the time to "umm" and "errr" through an awful Portuguese conversation is not top of my list of priorities.  I know it's important, I will get around to enforcing some portuguese conversation for a minimum of one hour a day at some point, but at the moment I'm limited to speaking it in shops, cafes/restaurants (which I don't go to very often), and screaming "COM LICENSA!!!" (roughly translated: "EXCUSE ME!!!") when trying to get past all the meandering Brazilians on Avenida Paulista.  On the plus side, my verbal comprehension is very good; i.e, I can understand everything you say but I will talk back to you like a 3-year-old.

Personal life: don't even go there.

2 comments:

  1. kkk You're so funny! Look, maybe an interesting way to learn Portuguese faster is watching novelas, television shows and movies in Portuguese, is what do I train my English. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle!

    Plugadao: just wait till you see my next post - I've been building it up for a while...

    ReplyDelete